Associate Director (Director Designate)
Formed in 1987, DCF Design Consultants is a small, very successful Consulting Engineering practice based in central Glasgow specialising in building structures of all forms in all typical construction materials. Projects undertaken generally do not exceed £10 million in value. These include new builds, alterations and extensions, mainly for repeat private sector clients. A selection of our work can be viewed on our website at www.dcf-design.co.uk.
We are currently working on a variety of projects throughout the UK and an opportunity has arisen which would suit an experienced Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer at Associate Director level who might also have the ambition to quickly become a Director and major shareholder in the business. Core strengths and minimum qualifications should include the following.
- Chartered (MICE/MIStructE) plus 5 years
- SER Certifier (or willingness to qualify)
- Ability to manage staff and project resourcing
- Good problem solving skills for optimum solutions
- Professional, ambitious and good communicator
- Commercial awareness for fee structuring and project cost control
- High level of competency in Structural Design
The package offered will be dependent on experience and qualifications but the position is expected to offer,
- Basic salary range £50k-£55
- Profit share at 10% of annual total business profit in company accounts
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 9 statutory
Promotion to Directorship would significantly enhance the above for any suitable candidate aspiring to that position.