Engineering Manager - Billingshurst
RGB are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the leading residential housing developers in the South East, operating within Surrey, Sussex, and Hampshire. They build a wide range of new homes from bungalows and apartments, to 5 bedroom family homes. They are now looking for an Engineering Manager who will co-ordinate and manage the design of the infrastructure elements on a wide range of projects from inception through to delivery.
- Assist in the pre-acquisition engineering investigation and management of consultants on new land opportunities.
- Assisting the Planning Department in the appointment of soil investigations, topographical surveys, drainage surveys, speed surveys, safety audits etc and arranging the same for detailed design purposes.
- Appointment of external civil engineering consultants for planning and detailed design, and management thereafter including meetings, checking and co-ordinating designs, and ensuring designs are issued on programme.
- Managing programmes, costs, fees and budgets including monthly reporting.
- Appointing and managing solicitors in the preparation of new agreements, agreeing the covenants contained therein, and checking legal drawings.
- Managing Sectional Agreements from strategy, design, submission, approval, engrossments, through to procurement of contractor, implementation on site, subsequent adoptions.
- Managing Highway Designs - an understanding of the Highways Act, Traffic Orders, horizontal & vertical geometry and the various sectional agreements is required in undertaking this role.
- Managing Drainage Designs - an understanding of the Water Industry Act, the Flood Water Management Act, and Building Regulations is required in undertaking this role.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and other design software such as PDS, Windes, & Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of current Building Regulations, Design Manuals, and current construction methods.
- Working knowledge of a site environment.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience of working on large scale residential projects preferable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages required.
- Sound civil engineering / building knowledge and competent understanding of legal processes.
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation, including Sewers for Adoption, NRSWA and Building Regulations.