Associate Structural Engineer
Have you hit the glass ceiling in your current role? How about joining a growing consultancy with an established client base where there is a genuine track to Directorship over the next few years?
A fantastic opportunity has just been created for a Chartered Structural Engineer to lead my client's vibrant design office based in Croydon. This practice has a particularly strong reputation in the residential and commercial markets but is also successful within other sectors, such as leisure facilities and hotels, so the project portfolio there is diverse.
This consultancy can certainly be described as niche and naturally offer a relaxed working environment free from the usual corporate characteristics of larger consultancies. If you are seeking an empowering and rewarding senior role, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your leadership skills further.
Right now, they are operating with a turnover close to £1m and are enjoying a reputation for being one of the fastest-growing practices in the region, outside of London.
The most important asset of this growing practice is its staff, and there is a great amount of investment in making sure that people are happy to go to work and importantly develop their skills whilst doing so.
Requirements of the Associate Structural Engineer:
* Chartered within ICE or IStructE, ideally with five years' post-chartership experience
* Conversant in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards, in particular Eurocodes
* Experienced in the use of design and analysis software
* Conversant in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
* Must have an extensive range of buildings structures design experience from different sectors
* Ability to train and mentor junior engineers where appropriate
* Confident client-facing with strong communication skills
* Experience of working in a small to medium UK consultancy, ideally
On offer for the Associate Structural Engineer:
* Salary of up to £65,000 per annum
* Flexible working considered
* 5% pension contribution
This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career and to run a profitable design office, so get in touch with Darryl Yates at Conrad Consulting today on 01728 726136 today to discuss this unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious and well-established practice.