Principal Structural Engineer
Allen Gordon LLP are consulting civil and structural engineers providing design services to a wide range of public and private sector clients across Scotland. Our key markets include water, renewables, infrastructure and structural design. We are currently looking for a Principal Structural Engineer for our busy Perth office where we are engaged in a wide variety of domestic, commercial and industrial projects.
Perth is a small, attractive city on the edge of the Highlands and provides an excellent quality of life. We offer an excellent package including a competitive salary based on experience. No agencies please - only individual applications will be considered.
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE), preferably with a minimum of 5 years post-Chartered experience. Candidates approaching Chartered status may also be considered.
- SER Approved Certifier of Design (Building Structures) or a willingness to work towards this.
- Excellent technical skills, including experience in all major structural materials and a thorough understanding of current Scottish building design standards and practices.
- Good communication skills and the ability to support our existing client relationships, prepare bids and enhance our ability to attract new clients.
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of projects, the ability to manage changes, work to budget and programme.
- Experience in managing a team of Engineers and technicians.
- A flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative.
- Deliver a wide variety of Structural Engineering projects and assist with the management of a team of Engineers and technicians.
- Effectively manage own time over multiple projects and also control resources.
- Build client relationships and help to identify business opportunities.
- Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets.
- Develop and guide more junior members of the team.
Apply for Principal Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly