Graduate Maritime Engineer
Beckett Rankine produce bespoke engineering design solutions for the maritime sector. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Graduate (0 to 2 years experience) to join our forward thinking and dynamic team of Engineers. The post is for a permanent position in our central London office in Victoria.
At Beckett Rankine you will work on a fascinating range of maritime projects both in the UK and overseas. You will gain a broad range of experience in the many different aspects of delivering maritime projects from options and feasibility studies through to detailed structural models and drawing production. No two projects will be the same and you will challenge the constraints of design conventions. We are looking for a versatile candidate who can undertake tasks that are likely to include:
- Inspection and analysis of structures and the production of calculations.
- Production of sketches and drawings.
- General solving of engineering problems.
- Ensuring project work is carried out within agreed deadlines.
- Monitoring and checking of works on site.
- Assist in keeping up to date in relevant IT.
- Checking contractor designs and fabrication drawings.
- Report production.
- Occasional site supervision of construction works.
- Applicants should have a passion for maritime civil engineering
- At least a 2:1 / Merit MEng in Civil Engineering
- Be a team player with the potential to manage others
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Preferably some relevant placement experience.
- IT skills and experience including MS Office, AutoCad, Tedds, MathCAD and structural analysis software.
The successful candidate will be enrolled on our graduate training scheme; you will be encouraged and supported towards achieving the goal of becoming a professional Chartered Engineer. Our training scheme has an excellent success rate and enables rapid development as a result of the type and variety of project experience we are able to provide, this is combined with our mentoring system which is focused on your success.
If you are interested in a career and you possess the right attributes, then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Beckett Rankine see www.beckettrankine.com