Our client is currently on the lookout for a Civil Engineer to deliver a number of medium to large multi-disciplinary development projects within a live operational environment in Dover.
As an experienced Civil Engineer, you will possess fantastic communication skills as well as the ability to design, manage and contract manage on a range of different projects in a Port environment.
Requirements of the Civil Engineer:
* Degree Civil Engineering or related discipline
* Minimum five years' experience in a similar role as a Civil Engineer
* Working knowledge of NEC contracts
* Demonstrable experience of managing complex civil engineering projects
* Budget control and preparing project time and cost forecasts
* Managing Consultants and Contractors
Responsibilities of the Civil Engineer:
* Preparing designs, specifications, drawings, risk and environmental assessments for the execution of civil & structural engineering works
* Act as Project Manager under NEC contracts as Employer under NEC PSC Contracts
* Leading the management of the scoping and preparation of detailed design briefs
* Designing and preparing specifications and drawings for maintenance work and items of new work to be carried out
* Assessing Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria and make recommendations for appointment.
* Liaising with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the organisations behalf
* Ensuring that site records are maintained to enable works to be measured and evaluated with the assistance of inspecting staff and/or others.
* Furnish reports, regularly for financial and progress reports on contract works, and as required for the Team Leader.
* Providing estimates and feasibility studies for proposed new schemes and alterations to existing structures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation as it continues to deliver high quality multi-discipline projects in a live operational environment. Speak to Darryl Yates today on 01728 726136 for more information on the fantastic new role, including salary and other benefits.
Apply for Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Marine / Harbours / Docks Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Dover
- Roads & Drainage Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Dover
- Structural analysis / Inspection Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Dover
- Structural engineer (general) Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Dover
- Tall buildings / Towers / Masts Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Dover