Director of Structural Engineering
Director of Structural Engineering - Birmingham
£75k-£90k + Benefits
Conrad Consulting are working exclusively with MLM Group to manage the recruitment for their Director of Structural Engineering position in their Birmingham office.
MLM are looking for a highly experienced Chartered Structural Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the Birmingham market, excellent business development and natural leadership skills to head up the Structural Engineering team; working to drive forward and strengthen MLM's structural engineering presence in Birmingham.
MLM Group is an award-winning multidisciplinary design, compliance and engineering consultancy operating across 13 offices in the UK, as well as offices in Ireland and Brazil.
Since their inception over 50 years ago MLM has grown into one of the UK's largest privately owned engineering consultancies; the company is now 450 strong, with 6 members currently based in the Birmingham office.
Their purpose is to shape a better built environment for people to live, work, learn and play.
As Director of Structural Engineering, you will be working closely alongside a fellow Director to develop the future growth strategy of the office, and you will be responsible for leading and developing your own team.
Your role would entail the following responsibilities:
- Leading on business development for structural engineering services in Birmingham, from forming a new client base; generating new business and winning work as well as using your existing network of contacts to secure new business for MLM
- Leading on business development for structural engineering services in Birmingham via existing clients; maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing MLM clients and securing repeat business for MLM
- Providing leadership, management and technical quality to the Birmingham structures team, which is currently 5 strong.
Other duties include:
- Contributing to Board meetings,
- Planning, targeting, structuring and implementing business plans,
- Staff management including the recruitment of new staff,
- Taking the lead on training members of the structural team, ensuring their professional development,
- Leading projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget and that clients are satisfied.
The successful Director of Structural Engineering will be rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent benefits package including (but not limited to) private medical insurance, income protection, life assurance, a discretionary bonus scheme and professional subscriptions paid for, and a clear track for progression including opportunity for promotion to Partner and taking equity in the business.
If you feel you've hit a glass ceiling in your current role, this is a great opportunity for you to join an established consultancy where you can take control of your own career.
If you believe you fit the criteria for this role, please get in touch with Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting to confidentially discuss the role in greater detail.