Chief Operating Officer
We are working with an established Civil Engineering firm based in Cambridgeshire who currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Chief Operating Officer to join their team at board level on a full-time permanent basis. This lucrative position will suit an experienced candidate who has a proven background in operational delivery; delivering successful multimillion pound projects within either the civil engineering, construction or telecommunications industries.
The successful Chief Operating Officer will hold responsibility for all teams that support operational delivery and will optimise revenue generation by leveraging all areas of the business effectively, driving efficiency and quality into the delivery operation whilst ensuring continuous improvement and greater commercial edge. You will also have a key input in strategically supporting the CEO in terms of positioning the business to meet all future demand, so that the group continues to deliver sustained growth without compromising delivery against existing contracts. You will then translate that strategy into operational plans and make those a reality.
- Hold a relevant degree in Engineering, MBA desirable,
- A background in Civil Engineering, cabling or telecommunications is essential, with Chartered status or equivalent,
- Outstanding leadership skills gained within a multi-site operationally focused business,
- Detailed project management experience accompanied by a relevant qualification,
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills with the ability to interpret complex data,
- Results focused, and solution oriented with good business judgement,
- Excellent people management skills with a versatile approach,
- Ability to deliver change through good leadership and effective collaboration.
- To lead the operational delivery and deliver on targeted margin & budgets across all projects, representing the Operations function at Group Board level,
- To create a robust operational infrastructure and process to continue supporting scale and future business growth,
- To continue building and developing a high-quality delivery team, ensuring mobilisation of existing talent and experience as well as developing capability and capacity for the future,
- To ensure operational change delivers results and meets the needs of clients,
- Build a communications infrastructure that ensures all remote workers are kept informed where required and feel part of the group,
- To ensure that the group maintains a strong reputation for excellent delivery within clear SLAs and service agreements,
- Taking action to improve underperformance and delivering outcomes and solutions in challenging situations.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful civil engineering business at Board level. The successful Chief Operating Officer will receive a highly competitive salary & generous benefits package including an annual bonus which can be anywhere up to 35% of your annual salary! As the key stakeholder, you will identify opportunities within your direct area of responsibility and across the Group to work 'smarter' maximising both service delivery and retained value over the project term. To find out more about this lucrative & challenging opportunity, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more information - suitable candidates will be contacted with further details, and a full job description can be provided.
Apply for Chief Operating Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Architecture Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Cambridge
- Bridges / Tunnels Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Cambridge
- Commercial Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Cambridge
- Domestic Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Cambridge
- Earthquake engineering Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Cambridge