Senior Structural Engineer
Rathborne and Roche is a structural engineering company which works in both the public and private sectors and specialises in aviation, retail and refurbishment projects.
The team has been involved in projects at all the major UK airports for the airport owners, construction companies working at the airports and for stakeholders within the airport environment. The company also has many clients throughout the UK where our proactive attitude to seeking the best engineering solutions to difficult problems has been of major benefit.
The successful candidate will be a team player, a good organiser with excellent communication skills and a drive to succeed in a thriving environment. They will ideally come from a Structural Engineering background with extensive experience of Structural Engineering Building Design and be a Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE) with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- The ideal candidate will be able to drive ongoing improvements and support strategy development. He/she must have an enthusiastic and professional approach to solving Structural Engineering problems and preparing Structural reports.
- Work with the Principle Engineer and Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Redhill office
- Interrogate enquiry documents and take responsibility for ensuring that all activities are covered by the fee bid.
- Attend and if necessary chair meetings during the Tender / Construction process.
- Fully investigate value engineering and value creation opportunities.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design. Progress design issues within a strict timescale.
- Eliminate Health & Safety Risks in the design and financial risks during Construction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Established skill and delivery in the design of concrete, steel, timber and masonry structures, and be familiar with current design standards and working practices
- Strong interpersonal, design and organization skills as well as high attention to detail
- Excellent timely, clear and concise written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage change control procedures
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Positive attitude with high energy. Ability to make decisions, act on own initiative and proactive approach to all matters
- First point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties
- The candidate will see that risks, issues and milestones are always addressed.
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within cost budget and to programme
- Ensuring the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design
- Working with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information of the highest quality
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
- Good working knowledge of structural engineering software