Senior Structural Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
NHBC has a number of exciting opportunities available for the role of Senior Structural Engineer, you will join the team home based in 1 of the following regions: North, North East, Midlands, East Anglia, South East or London area. Working on a full time, permanent basis you will earn a highly competitive salary of £40,000 – £52,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
The Senior Structural Engineer Role
Joining a multi-discipline team of engineers and surveyors, this hugely varied role will see you take responsibility for assessing building regulation and warranty applications on a wide variety of residential and mixed schemes. On top of that, you will assist developers, architects & builders, provide site support, undertake forensic investigations, liaise with customers and much more.
Working from home, you can also look forward to real flexibility, plus an excellent work/life balance. You will enjoy a high level of responsibility as well as autonomy but with the full support of a dedicated management network
Our ideal Senior Structural Engineer
As a Chartered Engineer you will have full membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution, (MICE, MIStructE). You should possess substantial construction industry experience, knowledge of the housing and commercial sectors as well as an in-depth understanding of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical design. You will be able to work with the minimum of supervision with good communication, interpersonal skills and a proven commercial awareness. You will also be IT literate with experience of relevant software applications.
Travel to customer sites as required so a full driving licence is essential.
In return, as our Senior Structural Engineer, we offer the following benefits
- £40,000 - £52,000 (dependant on experience, home location and including remote worker allowance)
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Partially funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as a Senior Structural Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
More searches like this
- Foundations / Soil mechanics Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- New-build Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- Residential Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- Structural analysis / Inspection Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- Structural engineer (general) Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham