PREMIER CENTRAL LONDON CONSULTANCY: Group Director
Division: Structural & Civil Engineering
Location: Central London
Job Title: Group Director
A progressive design led consultancy which, over recent years, has been recognised as one of the most successful cutting-edge practices in its field, collaborating with architects, developers and contractors both in the UK and internationally. Since forming it has grown consistently on the back of a reputation for innovation, creativity and delivery and, as a consequence, has won numerous awards.
Enjoys a reputation as one of the country’s leading Civil and Structural Engineers across a diverse cultural spread. The stability and growth of the company have attracted the very best engineers with the promise of progressing and expanding their careers.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Chartered Engineer to assist in the management of large teams/projects within the structural engineering group at Group Director level, reporting to the Managing Director. You will have experience of undertaking the design and project management of structural and civil engineering projects. You will have been working on large scale projects and possess a strong awareness of the Construction industry. You will also have strong experience as a Project Director responsible for management of the design phase including financial management and control of the design process with experience of managing a large team. You should have the commercial acumen to assist in business decisions, but still be hands on to assist with key project decisions with your Management Directors and Team Leaders. A seasoned Engineer you will have gained a minimum of twenty or more years in the industry and be well acquainted with the industry scene in terms of contacts with Clients, Architects and other Industry Professionals.
As a senior member of staff the responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet key objectives and operational needs in terms of quality, delivery and financial targets to enable the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate project challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy for business development
- Participate in forums to assist in the development of new ideas/innovation to promote and improve the company design reputation
- Interface with wider businesses within the Group to ensure submissions maximise potential opportunities to offer full delivery of available Services
- Exercising financial control over projects and assessing fees inclusive of forecasting and resource planning
- Acting as Project Director and a key client interface at a commercial and technical level
- Promoting and developing inter-disciplinary working to maximise the opportunity
- Providing Client care and development inclusive of Client liaison and the preparation of commercial submissions.
- Overall Project Management including program and resource monitoring, quality control, technical management and delivery.
- Reporting on a regular basis to the Managing Director, ensuring accurate and timely reports of key project deliverables
- Provide leadership to Management Directors and teams to mentor, develop and seek continuous improvement and efficiency
- Complete performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays and any staff wellbeing issues as appropriate with the support of HR
- Prepare invoicing forecasts for projects with the support of Management Directors and Team Leaders
- Ensure strong team communication to facilitate exchanges of information and knowledge across the wider practice
- Comply with responsibilities as defined in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy and ensure compliance with the same throughout the team.
- Preparation and management of Project Execution Plans
- Preparation and management of the Project Inception Document
- Representing the business, including related disciplines, at external meetings
- Assisting in running the wider non-project aspects of the business and support services
- Technical background
- Commercial acumen
- People management
- Project management
- Project Financial management
Apply for PREMIER CENTRAL LONDON CONSULTANCY: Group Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Commercial Director / Partner / Principal jobs in London (Central)
- Earthquake engineering Director / Partner / Principal jobs in London (Central)
- New-build Director / Partner / Principal jobs in London (Central)
- Refurbishment Director / Partner / Principal jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Director / Partner / Principal jobs in London (Central)