Jackson is a multi-million pound civil engineering firm, working out of seven regional offices across the country. Our clients keep coming back because they know we always deliver.
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to increased workload we are now recruiting for experienced Senior Engineer for our Northern Region, initially working on a scheme in Cottingham. Ideal location would be Leeds / South Leeds to allow future support on other schemes in the region.
The Main Duties for this role are:
- Undertake day to day setting out duties
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
- Manage and monitor all site sample / performance testing requirements and maintain records in line with the contract specification. Maintain the Inspection and Test Plan to suit.
- Complete hazard / risk assessments and method statements, including alerting relevant personnel to control measures and work methods therein.
- Manage the site service plans/ drawings. Issue permits accordingly.
- Assist the site QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes.
- Complete quantity take offs
- Monitor and control temporary works.
- Develop and maintain relations with client, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people who are looking to progress their career.
We are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have experience in heavy civils with a main contractor, specifically earthworks. EA experience would also be highly desirable. The successful candidate must also have a CSCS card and a suitable qualification in civil engineering, minimum requirement HND with 5 years’ experience. A First Aid, SMSTS and a Degree in Civil Engineering would also be desirable for this role.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Apply for Senior Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly