Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to increased workload and continued success we are now recruiting for experienced Senior Engineer for our Northern Region, initially working around the Rugby, Bedford, and Milton Keynes area.
The Main Duties for this role are:
- Undertake day to day setting out duties
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
- Manage and monitor all site sample / performance testing requirements and maintain records in line with the contract specification. Maintain the Inspection and Test Plan to suit.
- Complete hazard / risk assessments and method statements, including alerting relevant personnel to control measures and work methods therein.
- Manage the site service plans/ drawings. Issue permits accordingly.
- Assist the site QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes.
- Complete quantity take offs
- Monitor and control temporary works.
- Develop and maintain relations with client, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people who are looking to progress their career.
We are seeking someone who has experience of working on Section 278 / 38 works and DMRB (Design Manual for Road and Bridges) as well as being able to use CAD and manipulate DXF data to/ from surveying equipment. Must also be methodical, and have strong experience in maintaining ITP’s (Inspection & Test Plans) and quality records.
Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a NRSWA or SMSTS qualification.
A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company car or car allowance, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
More searches like this
- Bridges / Tunnels Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Rugby
- Commercial Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Rugby
- Industrial Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Rugby
- Roads & Drainage Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Rugby
- Structural engineer (general) Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in Rugby