Associate Director - Civil and Structural Engineering
As one of the UK’s leading environmental and engineering consultancies, Wardell Armstrong LLP are looking to employ an Associate Director to support the growth and to assist with the management of the Civil and Structural Engineering team working in our Central London office.
Why choose Wardell Armstrong:
We are a medium-sized consultancy, large enough to have strength in depth with many experienced specialists working seamlessly together but also small enough to be sure of giving close personal attention to our Clients. We are committed to helping our people achieve their ambitions and rewarding them not just on financial results but on how they help develop, grow and shape the business and how they interact with and support colleagues, clients, partners, regulators and the public.
We want ambitious people within the team to match the general aspirations of Wardell Armstrong LLP and to match our specific aspiration for growth within our London team. There is the potential for promotion of the successful candidate over time, depending on performance, attitude and their success in fulfilling the role set out below.
We are currently instructed on a number of interesting and exciting projects ranging in type and size from £500k to £110m in construction value. These projects are across many different sectors of development including residential, education, commercial, leisure and retail sectors. They range from refurbishment and remodelling of existing buildings, medium height structures to tall structures in city centres. In addition, we are working with all the normal structural materials and you should be able to show you have experience with these types of structures and materials.
As an Associate Director your brief will include:
- Project managing your own schemes and project team.
- Preparing high level analysis and design and detailed designs as required.
- Assisting and advising more junior members of staff throughout the whole team.
- Report writing.
- Liaising and dealing with other members of the Design team on projects.
- Assisting the team leader with running the London Civil and Structural team.
- Developing relationships with our current clients and contacts and assisting with introducing new clients and contacts to the team.
A successful candidate will require:
- MEng or equivalent
- MICE and/or MIStructE
- Competitive salary
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded).
- Single membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme currently provided by AVIVA.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi- Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards – annual leave.
- Long service awards - vouchers.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants should upload a full CV, detailing skills, experience, expected remuneration package and the name and address of two professional/employer referees to our website