Bridge Engineer/Experienced Bridge Technician
Knight Architects is an international studio specialising in Bridge Design, bringing architecture, engineering and urban planning skills together in a single workspace. We are a vibrant practice of 20 focused on innovation and collaboration, working with our engineering partners to realise significant and extraordinary infrastructure projects across the world. Predominantly the position will be based in our Buckinghamshire studio, 25 minutes by train from London Marylebone, but may also require frequent travel to project sites and partner offices.
We are looking for a Bridge Engineer/Bridge Technician to work on a range of projects within a variety of sectors and scales.
- Work as part of a team internally and with other consultants, contributing to both the design and delivery of projects
- Understand work schedules and how to deliver to deadlines
- Prepare working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes with a commensurate level of accuracy and detail for the brief
- Work upon several projects and tasks simultaneously, taking responsibility for your work
Skills and experience
You should have:
- Demonstrable awareness and passion for bridge design and design in the public realm
- Excellent understanding of structures, bridges in particular
- Excellent understanding of three-dimensional geometry
- Proven professional experience in a design practice as part of a team, with technical detailing skills, and experience delivering drawing packages
- High motivation and enthusiasm, using initiative to develop tasks with mentor support
- Strong 3D CAD skills, experience with Rhino and Grasshopper being valuable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with other languages beneficial
Candidates must provide a portfolio of work to be assessed for suitability on design, detailing and drawing skills, as well as presentation.
Knight Architects offers an excellent salary and remuneration package for the right candidate, including a generous company pension scheme, enhanced holiday entitlement, a company sick pay scheme, flexitime, and a contribution towards gym membership. We are committed to providing comprehensive training and career development to all our staff. Knight Architects is an equal opportunities employer and no candidate will be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, gender, sexuality or disability.
How to apply
Please email your CV, cover letter and a portfolio including examples of work (maximum size 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state where you saw the role advertised.
Apply for Bridge Engineer/Experienced Bridge Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly