Salary up to £40,000 + Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to join a vibrant, friendly Structures team in Hove, and take the next step in their professional development.
As the largest Civil, Structural & Marine consultancy in the South East, our client has a varied project portfolio that extends across the Residential, Commercial, Public, Industrial and Marine sectors.
In order to be considered for this Structural Engineer role you will;
- HNC/BEng in Construction/Civil Engineering
- Experience of Structural design across sectors
- Experience using Eurocodes
- Have at least 3 years graduate experience and be working towards achieving Chartership status with IStructE.
- Applicants should also have proven experience in all the key structural materials, British Standards and Eurocodes and a working knowledge of Building Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound technical knowledge
- Prepare sketches, technical reports and specifications
- FEM Analysis & analysis modelling
- Ability to maintain client contact to inform of progress, issues and problems
- Competent use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Detailed understanding and use of Analytical/Design and CAD software
Working as a Structural Engineer you will;
- Scheme designing to aid design development establishing stability, structural solution and basic grid/construction layouts in sketch format
- Analysing structural components
- Developing detailed designs, preparing calculations in all major materials and communicating the design clearly to fellow professionals, clients and contractors
- Liaising with other professionals, to resolve detailed information and develop design through scheme stages through to construction
- Liaising closely with construction staff solving site queries and developing solutions
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) technology
Our client is offering a friendly and supportive work environment actively encouraging candidates to develop and progress. You will be offered a competitive starting salary, regular pay reviews, discretionary bonus schemes, payment of professional subscriptions and contribution to regular work social events.
In order to discuss this Structural Engineer role and other roles within Building Structures please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly