Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE)
Haworth McCall Consulting are a young and growing consulting structural and civil engineering practice, with offices in Brighton and Belfast. We are looking for a Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE) to join our team in either our Belfast or Brighton office.
We take on a wide variety of projects including multi storey residential, maritime structures, top-end bespoke houses, small domestic alterations and large steel framed buildings – as well as the more ‘unique’ projects on occasions.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have excellent design skills in concrete, timber, masonry and steel structures.
- Have proven skills in successfully managing projects so that they are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Are skilled in managing and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Have a minimum of 10 years design office experience with a small to medium sized practice based in the UK or Ireland. Must be Chartered (MIStructE).
- Understand the requirement for practical and cost-effective designs
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent and confident in dealings with clients, contractors and other professionals
- Experience in minor civils design such as drainage and pavement would be an advantage.
In return we can offer:
- Competitive salary. The amount offered is depending on experience.
- A supportive and challenging work environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
- An opportunity to develop your skills, experience and responsibility.
- We are also committed to providing full time employees with the opportunity to take up to 3 months leave at half-pay every 3rd year to pursue other interests.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Candidates will be shortlisted during W/C 5th Feb 2018, and candidates invited for interview within the following 2 weeks.