Associate Director - Civil Engineering (Infrastructure)
Associate Director – Civils
A Global multidisciplinary Established in the UK 40 years ago, they have developed into an international multi-disciplinary consultancy operating from over 20 locations across the globe.
Driving the growth of an established discipline within the wider group of successful multi-disciplinary engineering teams, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for both the generation of new work, and for overseeing the technical delivery of projects with a strong commercial oversight.
Focusing initially on the growth of our strong existing building infrastructure portfolio, the successful candidate will also explore the expansion of the civil engineering service into other directions including rail, highways and heavy civil engineering projects, which are not currently part of The Clients portfolio.
There will be a requirement for collaborating with other UK and international office colleagues to support this strategy, and to manage the process of recruiting new team members as workload is secured.
The Skills: An experienced and highly credible chartered engineer with established project management skills, you have developed a significant portfolio of relevant technical and leadership experience within a consultancy environment.
It is likely that you are currently operating at a level of Associate or higher, and have consistently demonstrated a strong sense of commercial awareness and the stakeholder relationship skills required for effective business development. You possess strong leadership experience and the ability to manage the requirements for work generation, technical, commercial, and staff development matters.
The civil engineering team in London is a growing team, currently of 6 engineers and technicians, that works closely alongside a larger group of around 25 structural engineers. The team also works closely with the wider civils group of about 40 across our 7 UK offices and 12 international offices, on projects across all work sectors, with a particular focus on built environment infrastructure.
At present the London office provides Civil, Structural, MEP, Sustainability, Fire, Acoustic, Vertical Transpiration consultancy services, but as a result of the Practice’s commitment to grow our multidisciplinary offerings we are seeking to make a strategic appointment at Associate Director Level.
• Responsibility for business development activity and work-winning to support the growth of a local Civil Engineering capability; such capability including that of the building infrastructure work currently undertaken but also in other directions including rail, highways and heavy civil engineering projects not currently part of the London teams portfolio; • Technical and commercial responsibility of project delivery; • Recruitment and development of technical delivery team as workload supports this; • Line manager responsibility for current and increasing team, including lead responsibility for personal and professional development, talent management and succession planning; • Co-ordination and oversight of weekly resourcing meetings; • Negotiation and agreement of commercial contracts in relation to client work; • Oversight of financial processes (project completions, invoicing, debt management, etc); • P&L responsibility for the London Civil Engineering team; • Key Client Management
if you would like to find out more please contact me on.
0207 065 7274
More searches like this
- Commercial Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Historic buildings Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Industrial Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- New-build Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Public sector Civil Infrastructure Engineer jobs in London (Central)