Senior Structural Engineer
We are a young and dynamic consultancy that specialise in providing Geotechnical and Structural Engineering services. We are currently located in modern offices in Esher, just off the high street and are looking to expand our team through the employment of a Senior Structural Engineer.
We are interested in hearing from experienced Structural Engineers with general buildings experience (either domestic, residential, commercial, or education etc.) for a permanent vacancy, with the potential for flexible working. The ideal candidate will either be working towards Incorporated or Chartered status, or may already be Chartered. The salary is competitive and commensurate with the level of experience.
Working as the successful Structural Engineer, you will be engaged on a range of domestic projects including loft conversions, extension, new builds, mixed use developments and commercial. The company is looking to expand on its existing Client base and portfolio, the successful candidate will be actively encouraged to assist the company develop these new ventures.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic professional candidate seeking that next career step, you should also be someone who thrives in a role that requires a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
You will be well versed in structural design, technically competent and have previous exposure to a range of project sectors. You will also ideally be:
- Experienced in delivering practical design consultancy services in structural engineering, ideally with a minimum of five years post qualification design office experience.
- The ability to undertake/ verify design calculations by hand in addition to the software outputs.
- Ideally experienced in providing structural survey reports, but not mandatory.
- Educated to degree level in civil/ structural engineering, or with equivalent experience. Ideally Chartered or Incorporated.
- Professional, enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated, with good communication and written abilities.
- A competent user of AutoCAD would be ideal for this position, as you will be required to undertake some of your own drawing work for smaller projects.
- Full driving licence, with access to own car to undertake site visits/ surveys as required.
We use various software programs such as TEKLA TEDDS, TEKLA Structural Designer, Quikframe and Quikjoint. As such, knowledge of these programs would be useful but full training can be provided.