Principal Structural Engineer (Team leader)
Principal Structural Engineer
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40,000 - £45,000 + package
We currently have an opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join a large consultancy in Leeds centre.
The company has secured a number of major projects which have generated the need to expand the Structural Engineering team capability nationally. As part of this expansion they are looking to expand the teams in the West Yorkshire region, to work on major projects in the Residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
They have a number of exciting opportunities for a talented Principal Structural Engineers to continue to develop their careers within high pressure and technically demanding position, that will see you manging a team of Engineers to deliver projects on time and within Budget.
- Lead a team of structural engineers to undertake Civil/Structural engineering design, review and construction supervision across a range of projects;
- Check and review designs prepared by others;
- Mentor and develop capability of junior staff
- Chartered or Near Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experience of Structural engineering in the Residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Knowledge of current relevant design codes.
- Attention to details and able to scrutinise and review design and construction work.
- Understanding of the importance of processes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to assess and solve complex engineering problems
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home.
- Have a valid UK driving licence
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact Sam at Conrad Consulting.