Associate Structural Engineer
- Full Time
We are currently seeking an experienced Chartered Structural Engineer to assist the Director to lead and grow our structural design capabilities in our busy Cambridge office.
You’ll need a strong technical background, but you’ll also have the opportunity to expand your managerial and business development skills, offering excellent scope for career progression.
- Support in the development and delivery of the local business plan.
- Assisting with business development activity to further enhance, grow and diversify our structural engineering capabilities.
- Overseeing projects from conceptual planning stage through to construction
- Engaging with and managing the needs of clients and fellow professionals, managing all deliverables to ensure client satisfaction and commercial and technical project success.
- Defining technical specifications.
- Working closely with the Partner and Director to manage risk, costs, fees and commercial outcomes
- Ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way.
- Identifying key learning points and communicating these across the group and/or the wider PBA business.
- Manage all technical aspects of the team’s project work are undertaken in accordance with the Practice’s QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
- Assisting with mentoring, training and performance management of the team.
- Assisting in managing shared resources across the structural teams and, where necessary, across other disciplines.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and a Chartered Structural Engineer and has developed their career in building design.
- Aptitude to think outside the box while encouraging others to deliver elegant, practical and safe engineering solutions
- A passion for working with clients and fellow professionals who care about their projects and mentoring the team to achieve these values
- Experience of a client facing role and managing teams and resources effectively.
- Experience of working across a broad range of clients.
- Experience of working on a range of structural / buildings projects.
- Experience in preparing and negotiating fees and appointments.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visithttp://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.