Senior Engineer/Associate Director
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer/Associate Director to assist in the development and growth of our business.
The primary skill set required is to be technically adept and confident in structural analysis and design, with the ability to collaborate with design teams to deliver first class design solutions. The successful candidate will assist in managing the existing workload as well as the management of the Structural Engineering Team.
The role has a wide remit, from winning work, developing and growing client relationships, management of projects, and leading project teams through successful delivery of structural engineering commissions across all sectors of construction. Our current workload ranges from large commercial developments, retail outlets, hotel and leisure to small scale residential
REQUIREMENTS OF THE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- It is expected you are CEng MICE/MIStructE
- An Approved SER Certifier of Design within the next 2 to 3 years or already a Certifier.
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Ability to manage projects of various sizes.
- Be able to present technical aspects of a project and structural design approach to technical and non-technical individuals
- Competent in the use of design and analysis software
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
- Competent in structural surveys and reporting
- Willingness to mentor existing Engineers towards Chartership
- Ability to develop client relationships, including developers, contractors, project managers and architects.
- Ability to assist in winning work, including proposal writing and delivering presentations.
- You will have commercial awareness, including pricing projects, financial control of projects, negotiating appointments, and managing the bid process.
To conclude we can offer you
• Mature management culture
• Project variety
• Clear structure for progression
• Relaxed working environment
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
For an informal discussion or to apply for this positon please contact
Robertson Eadie Ltd