A Structural Engineer is needed to join the Water, Energy and T&D Structures Team of the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets.
The team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. The design team support one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe, Thames Tideway, and have developed structural solutions for some of the largest Sewage Treatment Works in Europe using innovative precast solutions.
The role will require the production of design calculations and preparation and review of drawings at all stages of a project, from feasibility through to site completion. Other responsibilities will include project and team administration duties, producing project related correspondence and reports, working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision, and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Relevant engineering degree and related engineering background, Structural Engineering preferred.
- Working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer MIStructE or MICE
- Structural design of heavy civil engineering structures from feasibility to site completion.
- Design of reinforced concrete structures for water retaining applications is preferred.
- Design of steelwork structures for industrial applications.
- Good understanding of soil/structure interaction effects,
- Good understanding of Finite Element Analysis of reinforced concrete structures and capability with ROBOT, MasterSeries, TEDDS software or similar
- Fully conversant with current structural Eurocodes (EC 0-3)
- UK Water Industry experience
- Good motivation, influencing and people management skills
This is a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
The chance to work in a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, there are some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested.
Sam Davis 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.