Head of Civil Engineering - Development Infrastructure
Head of Civil Engineering
An award winning Structural Engineering practise who work across four UK offices, focussing on high end developments from residential to heritage.
Heading up and growing a new Civil Infrastructure team, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for both the generation of new work, and for overseeing the technical delivery of projects with a strong commercial oversight.
There will be a requirement for collaborating with other UK offices colleagues to support this strategy, and to manage the process of recruiting new team members as workload is secured.
An experienced and highly credible chartered engineer with established project management skills, you have developed a significant portfolio of relevant technical and leadership experience within a consultancy environment.
It is likely that you are currently operating at a level of Senior/Associate or higher, and have consistently demonstrated a strong sense of commercial awareness and the stakeholder relationship skills required for effective business development. You possess strong leadership experience and the ability to manage the requirements for work generation, technical, commercial, and staff development matters.
The civil engineering team in London is a growing team, currently of 6 engineers and technicians, that works closely alongside a larger group of around 25 structural engineers. The team also works closely
with the wider civils group of about 40 across our 7 UK offices and 12 international offices, on projects across all work sectors, with a particular focus on built environment infrastructure.
At present the London office provides Civil, Structural, MEP, Sustainability, Fire, Acoustic, Vertical Transpiration consultancy services, but as a result of the Practice’s commitment to grow our multidisciplinary offerings we are seeking to make a strategic appointment at Associate Level.
- Technical and commercial responsibility of project delivery;
- Recruitment and development of technical delivery team as workload supports this;
- Line manager responsibility for current and increasing team, including lead responsibility for personal and professional development, talent management and succession planning;
- Co-ordination and oversight of weekly resourcing meetings;
- Negotiation and agreement of commercial contracts in relation to client work;
- Oversight of financial processes (project completions, invoicing, debt management, etc);
- P&L responsibility for the London Civil Engineering team;
- Key Client Management
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch on 07977831595 Cboland@skilledcareers.co.uk