1 day left
- Full Time
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a well respected consulting engineer who will fully support you in achieving Chartered then this opportunity is for you. Conrad Consulting is a trusted recruitment partner to the engineer industry's leading firms and we work hard with our clients to ensure together, we can offer you the best vacancies in the market; if you read on you will find this opportunity is just that.
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to fill a permanent opening with our client located in Manchester City Centre. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years UK buildings structures design experience, which should include working with all common construction materials and structural forms.
Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer:
- Execute engineering activities (concept, front end engineering development, technical study & detailed design)
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule under guidance of a Senior Engineer
- With support from Senior Engineers, prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client, third parties and multi-disciplinary colleagues
Requirements of the Structural Engineer:
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Competent in the use of design and analysis software
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
- Must have a range of buildings structures design experience ideally covering commercial, healthcare, residential or similar buildings
- Ambition to become chartered in the near future
On offer for the Structural Engineer:
The starting salary for this position ranges from £28,000 to £32,000 depending on experience.
Company benefits package includes pension, healthcare, life assurance and a range of other flexible benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and the opportunity to buy/sell additional holidays through salary sacrifice.
Our client operates a highly successful Graduate training scheme with the IStructE. Their employees have an exemplary pass rate which is testament to the quality of training and support on offer.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly