If you are looking for an opportunity to join a well respected consulting engineer who will fully support you in achieving Chartered then this opportunity is for you. Conrad Consulting is a trusted recruitment partner to the engineer industry's leading firms and we work hard with our clients to ensure together, we can offer you the best vacancies in the market; if you read on you will find this opportunity is just that.
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to fill a permanent opening with our client located in Manchester City Centre. Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years UK buildings structures design experience, which should include working with all common construction materials and structural forms.
Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer:
- Execute engineering activities (concept, front end engineering development, technical study & detailed design)
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule under guidance of a Senior Engineer
- With support from Senior Engineers, prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client, third parties and multi-disciplinary colleagues
Requirements of the Structural Engineer:
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Competent in the use of design and analysis software
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
- Must have a range of buildings structures design experience ideally covering commercial, healthcare, residential or similar buildings
- Ambition to become chartered in the near future
On offer for the Structural Engineer:
The starting salary for this position ranges from £28,000 to £32,000 depending on experience.
Company benefits package includes pension, healthcare, life assurance and a range of other flexible benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and the opportunity to buy/sell additional holidays through salary sacrifice.
Our client operates a highly successful Graduate training scheme with the IStructE. Their employees have an exemplary pass rate which is testament to the quality of training and support on offer.