Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you a driven and motivated Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking to take on a new challenge? Do you have a variety of experience in civil engineering, residential, and/or commercial backgrounds? Don't look anywhere else; we have the perfect role for you which you can start right now!
A leading Construction and Engineering company has an exciting position for a proven Assistant Quantity Surveyor, to develop their skills and contribute positively towards their vibrant team in Belfast.
- Permanent, full time position
- £20-£30k p/a (experience dependant)
- Excellent working environment with driven and motivated workforce
- Excellent benefits and incentives
- Possibility of relocation aid
This role is a very varied position, some of your duties will be:
- Drawing measurements: Taking off and producing budget cost estimates and cost planning.
- Tender document production
- Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Work and Activity Schedule preparation.
- Assisting the development of cost plans
- Initial value engineering
- Reviewing tender returns
- Attending design team meetings
- Site visits to review application for payment.
- Continuing development of cost plans
- Valuation certificate production
- Reviewing contractor's application for payment.
- Analysis of sub-contractor packages with contractor
- Preparation of financial reports during the construction phase.
- Final account information: Review Contractor submissions and report accordingly Production for review and issue.
- Participate in value engineering workshops and analysis of findings.
- Providing general support for senior surveyors and above on all aspects of the QS role both pre contract and post contract.
- Provide project information to marketing and cost planning as required.
The current environment is filled with enthusiastic and motivated individuals. If you are interested in joining their customer focused team you first must:
Skills and Experience (ESSENTIAL)
- HNC, HND, BSc/ MSc in Quantity Surveying
- Working towards Chartered (RICS) status
- Up to 5 years industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Office Proficient
- A full driving licence
- Good planning and organising skills
- Strong time management skills
- Team working
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in health or building sectors
- Experience of NEC3 Project Management (to discuss with MA/LS)
- Programming (MS Project or similar) (to discuss with MA/LS)
- BIM Proficient
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.