4 days left
- Full Time
Technical Director (Structural Engineer)
If you are looking for a chance to take on a senior role within a thriving and progressive firm then this opportunity is for you.
Conrad Consulting is a trusted recruitment partner to the engineering industry's leading firms and we work hard with our clients to ensure together, we can offer you the best vacancies in the market; if you read on you will find this opportunity is just that.
We are currently looking for a Technical Director to fill a permanent opening with our client located in Glasgow. Interested candidates must Chartered and although it isn't essential, SER Approved Certifiers of Design are highly desirable.
Our client has a modest headcount of 40 technical staff in Scotland and are well renowned for their ability to compete against some of the larger global brands in the market. Their core business includes many £10M + developments in the commercial building space but also other markets such as healthcare, education through to heritage and culture.
Responsibilities of the Technical Director:
* Responsible for operation control of project teams in the Glasgow office
* Oversee and execute engineering activities (concept, front end engineering development, technical study & detailed design)
* Check that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
* Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
* Resource planning
* Maintain good communication with the client, third parties and multi-disciplinary colleagues
* Training of Graduate Engineers
Requirements of the Technical Director:
* MIStructE or MICE
* Experience managing large projects from start to finish
* Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
* Competent in the use of design and analysis software
* Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
* Experience or ability to train/mentor Graduate Engineers
On offer for the Technical Director:
The starting salary for this position ranges from £55,000 to £60,000 depending on experience.
Company benefits package includes pension, healthcare, life assurance and a range of other flexible benefits
Apply for Technical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly